It dawned on me that the task I had originally set myself when I joined Pentest Ltd (Now Secarma) back in 2015 have been met, delivered and exceeded.
I wanted to create a penetration testing team and provide a new route for graduates in Scotland. Instead of mostly relocating to England for a career I sought to ensure there was a place for people wanting to stay nearer to home.
Three years on the industry up here is in rude health. Now Context, NCC, and Pentest Partners have offices too. Not that I am taking credit for those. It has been glaringly obvious to me that Scottish universities have been hurtling out talent for years that probably would have preferred to remain in Scotland if they could.
What is true is that there are plenty of options for the next generation and that is basically what I wanted to achieve so thanks guys 😀
Always leave people on a song right? So I resigned with All along the watchtower yesterday:
* Edit. At some point the file upload got lost so restored the post to its former glory.
I wish Secarma all the best in their future endeavours. They are a talented group, and they are kicking on and looking to do exceptional things.
What gets me out of bed in the morning is to help people. Helping customers secure their assets, and helping colleagues to do more personally and professionally. Both of these are vital to me.
I could certainly of continued doing these at Secarma. However, I saw my three year anniversary come and go this month and simply assessed that job I was hired for as being complete.
Now I am seeking new opportunities. My experience:
- I have found, trained, and managed penetration testing teams for the last 5 years.
- I am still an active penetration tester with 13 years experience.
- I am based in Glasgow.
- I am available from sorta mid November after a bit of self reflection/home renovation.
Rules for contact are:
- As they say “my DMs are open” on Twitter over @cornerpirate.
- If you are the owner, MD, technical director or just in a position to make decisions on behalf of your organisation then go right ahead.
- If you are a recruiter I prefer not to engage. Thanks for thinking of me
Go on then InfoSec community what do you want me to help with?